Its HOMECOMING weekend in Norman for the Sooners, so I am looking forward to another nice, crisp fall Saturday of OU Football. There is something special about Homecoming weekend and a school with the tradition of Oklahoma. From the Alumni Band, seeing players from the past, to the parade itself, sometimes we can even forget about the game itself! I'm thinking the Buffs coming off a huge win, and with 'AD' out, they will be bringing their "A" game. I just hope both teams play well.
But here is just a few random ramblings coming into this weekend.
* In the past two nights of the NLCS, I think I have seen more bunting than I have seen in the last five years on Texas Rangers Baseball. Gotta love 'small ball', and at least a few teams have kept it alive in the National League. Lastly, WTG CARDS!!! I didn't think they were going to pull this one out.
* What part of 'free' do they not understand? I few weeks ago we replaced our refrigerator with a newer model. From the start there were problems with 'getting rid' of the old one. The place where we bought the new unit, wanted to charge me $60 to haul off a still working refrigerator. I just couldn't go for that, so I begin soliciting friends and others asking them if they knew anyone that needed a refrigerator. The 'catch' was, all they had to do was come pick it up, no charge, just come and get it. After a couple of weeks of , 'can you bring it to me', I called a few places that accepted appliances as donations, but it took me 5 or so phone calls to find one that would actually come pick it up. Thank You Am-Vets, I now have a little more space in the garage.
* The greatness of hit counters. It is always interesting to review the blogs hit counter to actually see who is viewing. So this Friday morning I decided download the hits and take a look. Seems that last night a specific Spotter/PR Rep must have had some trouble sleeping, as the pinging of the blog had multiple hits well passed Midnight. To add to that, I decided to venture over to a notable Fan Club Message Board, and low and behold, there are a couple of threads started by the Spotter. Problem is though, after reading the topics and posts, he now sounds like a 'over night radio talk show host', attempting to drum up phone calls. He begins with the familiar, 'what's up'?, followed by his 'unofficial poll' about the COT (I guess drumming up hit counts and actual 'race talk' is desperately needed!). Then 20 or so minutes later, he follows with a "Nextel VS Cingular' thread (oh boy, note to Spoter, this type of thing has been going one since the second car had 'sponsor' on the hood to compete with the first car's sponsor. One only has to look at Rusty Wallace holding up a 'Bud Poll Award' flag or seeing him race in the Bud ShootOut, pass the salt). He ends this after a few sentences of 'Jimmy Spencer nothing talk' with, 'Your thoughts'? What is next, 'Should Pete Rose be allowed in the Hall of Fame'? Or 'Is Nascar too expensive?' (If you have ever listened to over night radio you will understand the absurdity of this type of nothingness. It must stink to be up that late. ;)
* Maybe the biggest 'time waster' of all time!
Next time the Spotter/PR dude can't sleep, maybe this might help pass the time away! The 'Africam' is a unique look via webcam (pretty high quality too) of a natural water hole on a wildlife reserve in South Africa. While the 'action' can be plentiful at times, there are also times where hours could go by without a peep. The Cam is controlled by someone and is not static, but can pan left and right, and even zoom in when needed. One message board that I frequent has a running commentary about the goings on in this little spot on the other side of the Earth. Another greatness of the internet.
* Three episodes deep into Season Three of LOST and just as the title of the show states, I am just as LOST as ever. The season premier's first five minutes has set the tone for every bomb shell after. So far we see that the 'Others' actually have a 'town' on the island, SUN is great at deception and not telling the truth (hmmmm, I know a place where she would fit in very well), and Locke has been duped and tricked into doing things that he probably normally would not do more times then we can count. My only reservation so far, is the 'time dispacement' hints given once again this season, I really hope the show does not fall back on the ole 'Star Trek' space/time continuum dealio.
Not much can be said that hasn't already, other then. 'I went to a Hockey Match and a Miami Football game broke out. Purely disgraceful.
Later! and BOOMER SOONER!