_____________________________________________________________

There is only ONE Oklahoma
SOONERS
______________________________________________________________________

Friday, March 16, 2007

I am officially a GEEK now

There are a few quintessential moments in a person's life and this week I may have just had one of them.

Long story short, last Sunday my 'gaming' computer (yes, I am an online gamer, RFacter and Nascar2005 mods are the bomb) decided to pull a Morgan Shepherd and 'start and park'. Actually, the motherboard, after 5 faithful years of service decided it was time to DNF. So I was left with the task of cannibalizing what I could salvage from my old system, and make a trip to Fry's for an 'upgrade'.

After spending a few hours there debating on motherboards, processors, memory, video cards, hard drives, gaming power supplies and such, and close to $1500 dollars later, the good people at Fry's informed me that they could not guarantee a 'build time'. So that left me with a dilemma. Do I dare venture into the unknown world of 'building' a computer from scratch?

For many people, this is no big deal, but for me it is something of a mystery and something that one doesn't have a good understanding until they actually do it for the first time. After a couple of days of frustration, the new box is finished and working. Now for the never ending task of reloading software.

I have officially become a Geek!

2 comments:

Snafam said...

Good job! Now can we expect you to be 'driving' faster, too? *wink*

TalkGeorge said...

Greeks rock! I mean Geeks rock!

Funny how the gadgets we use to see on Star Trek are now 21st century realities!!

Beam me up lug nut!