_____________________________________________________________

There is only ONE Oklahoma
SOONERS
______________________________________________________________________

Monday, April 14, 2008

Phoenix quick hits

You just knew it was going to be a strange night when the FOX hierarchy decided to forgo the pre-race ceremony broadcast, in favor of a Major TeVee Market Area rained delayed Baseball broadcast. Actually, I understand their logic, I don't have to like it, but I understand it. But there were a few 'Heidi' jokes in the 'race chat' that I frequent during races.

Listening to the 19 team's scanner chat was pretty interesting. Elliott Sadler once again didn't like his car, but he also seemed to have a sense of focus and priority about his communication for the changes he wanted. That can only be viewed as a good sign. I understand that only a little more than halfway of the race was complete when the 19 had the terminal mechanical problems, but it would have been very interesting to see how the cooler track temps would have effected Sadler in the long run.

After the 19 went out of the race, I switch to listening to the 48 team (my ole standby back in the days of only having a dozen or so cars on TrackPass) The calmness and drive this team seems to have when going through adversity in a nut shell, is breath taking. Even near the end of the race when fuel windows were in question there was no panic over the scanner. I guess that why there are a couple of Sprint Cups in the 48's trophy case these days.

Over all, it was another entertaining race. I just wish the 19 can get rid of those inner demons when they have what seems to be a competitive car. Maybe in two weeks at Dega!.

No comments: